Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring cleaning

You know what I've discovered about myself? I've discovered that the activities I enjoy the most in life are those that make a mess. Delicious dinner for my husband and I? HUGE mess. Making BookWormz? Won't even go into it. Entertaining friends and family? Dishes for days.



The problem is that I do NOT enjoy cleaning. Cleaning and I are not good friends. I enjoy a clean house tremendously, but the huge process that it takes to get it clean...makes me want to crawl into a hole and cover myself up with the mounds of dirty laundry sure to be strewn about the floor. Here are a couple of pictures of the BookWorm factory (a.k.a. - our dining room table), please don't judge me.




How am I ever going to make friends with cleaning? We've been frienimies my whole life! I hate cleaning, but I love the results. What to do with myself? Oh, before you suggest it - a housecleaning service is out of the question - I'd rather spend my benjamins on ribbon, any day.

10 comments:

GUGAW said...

oh that's not so messy! just, um, waiting to be organised ;)

Lisa said...

The best advice I've read on the subject of hated tasks is to just do it in 10 minute bits, so instead of trying to psych myself up to a massive 'pull out the fridge, swab the ceilings' kind of cleaning, I can force myself to do one little bit of boring cleaning each day. It sort of works, the house is never spotless, but at least I have less housework guilt.

Christina said...

no judgments here, i'm in the same boat. love the results, hate the process. (oh and i started a picoult book yesterday and i'm completely enthralled. i've read a couple of her books before but you inspired me to read another an i'm happy i did!)

Angela said...

Yeah, me and cleaning have a hate relationship - my place is a mess - and I have to start packing soon!

Kelly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I thought I'd drop by and mention that if you like Dan Brown's Angels and Demons or DaVinci Code, you'll like Lewis Perdue's Daughter of God. (written and published BEFORE the DaVinci Code...but very very similar)

Love your blog!!

Single Lady said...

I am the same about cleaning. I love the end product but the process of getting there is painful and unnecessary!

Mossy said...

When I was younger I was such a neat freak - as the years started clicking off really fast I realized those little messes meant things happened in that place - usually wonderful creative loving things - nice observation Book!

Ceridwen said...

As an organizationally challenged person myself I feel your pain. My small space requires that I organize more than I normally would, but it's still like pulling teeth!

The Book Resort said...

Oh, I love your factory : }. Beautiful things are created there.
Now, about the cleaning... just blink or twitch your nose. If it doesn't work ~ crank up the music as you go. lol.

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!