Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What I'm obsessing about these days


Does anyone feel that every time they discover something new it becomes an obsession for a while? I feel like my obsessions change often, and these days I'm obsessing about the following:


1. My new iPhone! The apps are INCREDIBLE! I downloaded one called "Lose it", and it allows me to keep track of my calorie intake and excercise output each day. REALLY easy, too - it already has most foods in it's system, and its really easy to add specific foods that aren't in there, like "Trader Joes Greek Pizza" for instance. It also tells you exactly how many calories you need to consume to meet whatever your goals are. I want to lose about 6 pounds, and I want to do it at a rate of 1/2 a pound a week, which means I can eat exactly 1,683 calories a day! SO fun and easy.


1.5 A natural spin off, due in part to the iPhone is a renewed motivation in terms of diet and excercise. As my wedding approached, I discovered that I really could lose weight by changing my diet, and now that I've gained it all back, I'm really motivated to get back to that wedding weight. This time, however, I'm also adding in excercise (I was too busy when planning my wedding to exercise and lost all the weight by not eating much).


2. (HEALTHY) Cooking and cleaning! My husband and I did a HUGE spring clean two weeks ago, and I'm trying my hardest to keep it up! It does not come naturally to me. :) Ask my Mom and all my former roommates. (By the way, I also downloaded the Epicurious app on my iPhone - it has all the same recipies as their website, and you can also make shopping lists directly from their recipe!) My major malfunction lately is that I clean the kitchen BEFORE I make dinner, and then I get too tired to clean it after. It's a vicious cycle.


so what are your current obsessions? Do you do this too? Become obsessed with one or two things in your life?
P.S. Funny pic, huh? ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I got my iphone last august, and I'm *still* obsessed with it :) Right now I guess I'm obsessing over photography and sewing because I'm trying to gear up for the craft fair season :)

Suzanne Yester said...

I am soooo jealous! I've been eyeing the iPhone for quite a while! Some of the apps are just so cool! I think my obsession lately has been the iPod Nano I bought- I have a Classic, but the Nano is just so cool. Little, album covers you can scroll thru, and you can shake it to change to the next song or album... even sounds like I'm obsessed ;-)....

The Book Resort said...

Hmmm... the photo. LOL.