Friday, January 30, 2009

Missing the Beach



I'm loving the book I'm reading now - In the Woods, by Tana French. Two nights ago, while I was actively shirking all of my duties, I read a passage that made me long for the beach : WARNING - the next paragraph is a transcript of that paragraph - but it doesn't give anything away in the plot.

"We dumped our stuff at Cassie's and went for a walk on the beach. I love Sandymount strand. It's pretty enough on the rare summery afternoons, brochure-blue sky and all the girls in camisoles and red shoulders, but for some reason I love it most of all on your bog-standard Irish days, when wind blows rain-spatter in your face and everything blurs into elusive, Puritan half-tones: gray-white clouds, gray-green sea off on the horion, great sweep of bleached-fawn sand edged with a scatter of broken shells, wide abstract curves of dull silver where the tide is coming in unevenly."

Doesn't that make you long for a misty, beachy morning??? So that got me thinking about vacation (when is my next? Only time will tell), which got me thinking about my shop, which of course led to thinking about BookWormz, which lead me to create THIS! I love this one. Hope you do too! Any thoughts?

No comments: