Monday, February 9, 2009

Chopping Block - "Sharpening" my Knife Skillzzzz



Sorry - couldn't resist. I'm a total geek who loves puns. :) So I took a "Knife Skills" class at the Chopping Block in Chicago, and since then, I haven't been able to stop chopping! I made a delicious and nutritious soup last night, and today I've got an amazing smelling pot roast going in the crock pot aaaallllll day! I work from home on Mondays, and I have to tell you - this is the true meaning of torture.
For anyone who isn't familiar with the Chopping Block, it's a great way to bond with girlfriends and learn a few tricks in the kitchen along the way! The knife skills class is hands-on, which means we actually participated in the class, but they have demonstration classes too. The great thing about the demo classes is that you sit back, sippin on your wine, while someone else cooks and cleans for you and tells you all about how to make the recipes they're workin on! Yummy and fun! At the end of the class, you get to browse their selection of cooking utensils and gourmet foods, and you get a discount on their fabulous store!

Ok, so this totally sounds like a Chopping Block ad, but I swear it isn't - it was just a lot of fun, so I thought I'd share. Here are some pics of the hands-on room. It's really cool. First pic is a close up of after the massacre... haha

2 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

That sounds like it would be a ton of fun!
-10oneworld

Chrisbookarama said...

I've never heard of this before. Very cool!

Love those bookworms too!